Technology Tools for Teachers: A Microsoft Office Tutorial, 2nd Edition
- By Steven C. Mills, M. D. Roblyer
- Pub. Date: Jul 20, 2005 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-118727-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-118727-6
List Price: $44.40
- Focus Questions-Each chapter begins with a set of questions that focus on the essential concepts of the chapter; this feature provides an advance organizer for the chapter instructional activities.
- Real-World Scenarios-Each chapter is introduced by a story or scenario that is based on real-world events and actual case studies of persons, schools, and colleges integrating technology into classrooms.
- Building Your Toolbox Feature-Each chapter includes 2 or 3 step-by-step exercises or tutorials that instruct students about specific Internet tools and resources and guidance on how to integrate these resources into classroom teaching and learning.
- Follow-Up Exercises-Immediately following each Tool Kit activity is a practice exercise to extend and expand the skills demonstrated in the previous Tool Kit.
- Lesson Links-In-depth examinations of special topics related to chapter content are interspersed throughout the chapters.
- Retrospective-A summary and concluding remarks are presented at the end of each chapter.
The second edition of Technology Tools for Teachers: A Microsoft Office Tutorial is a practical, user-friendly guide for teachers who want to learn the basics of the Microsoft Office suite and how to integrate it into the curriculum. KEY TOPICS: Through helpful step-by-step lessons, teachers will learn about the various features of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access and how to use them to help you and your students in the classroom. Whether you are looking to extend your knowledge of the programs in the suite, or you would like to begin learning them from scratch, you will find material appropriate to your experience level. Inservice K-12 Teachers.
Table of Contents
PART I ENHANCING TEACHING AND LEARNING USING THE INTERNET
Chapter 1 Frameworks for Learning Using the Internet
Chapter 2 Tools for Planning and Developing Web-Enhanced Learning Activities
PART II FRAMEWORK 1-KNOWLEDGE BUILDING AND APPLICATION
Chapter 3 Information Problem-Solving
Chapter 4 Active Learning Through Inquiry and Exploration
PART III FRAMEWORK 2-INFORMATION EXCHANGES USING INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
Chapter 5 Information Exchanges Using Interpersonal Communication
Chapter 6 Information Exchanges Using Group Communication
PART IV FRAMEWORK 3-INFORMATION COLLECTION AND PUBLICATION
Chapter 7 Searching and Validating Information
Chapter 8 Collecting and Publishing Information
PART V FRAMEWORK 4-COLLABORATIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
Chapter 9 Collaborative Learning in Virtual Environments
Chapter 10 Collaborative Learning by Shared Problem-Solving
Product Type: Physical Product
This publication currently is not for sale.