Teaching Vocabulary with Hypermedia, 6-12
- By Susan O'Hara, Robert Pritchard
- Pub. Date: Sep 2, 2008 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-172444-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-172444-0
List Price: $30.99
Stay ahead of the curve with these fresh ideas for engaging adolescents through today’s new media! Learn to make technology work for you with this guide to integrating hypermedia into your content area curriculum. Authors Susan O’Hara and Bob Pritchard navigate the virtual learning waters with you, demonstrating how to utilize meaningful hypermedia to develop students’ content area vocabulary. Their strategies are concrete and research-based and provide a wealth of ways you can engage your students in building vocabulary as they create their own hypermedia applications. A CD-ROM of authentic classroom scenarios, internet links, and video demonstrates the techniques and tools discussed in the book and lets you see how the authors’ ideas can work with your students. In this increasingly technological age, students are often out on the cutting edge all alone; teachers and schools may not reach adolescents through the tools those learners use more and more. Don’t let technology outpace your instruction; let Susan and Bob show you how to make the best use of hypermedia today.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Conceptual Foundations
- Chapter 1: Vocabulary and Concept Development
- Chapter 2: Technology and Learning
- Chapter 3: Adolescent Development and Student Engagement
Section 2: Practical Applications
- Chapter 4: Using Existing Hypermedia Applications
- Chapter 5: Using Teacher-Created Hypermedia Environments
- Chapter 6: Using Student-Created Hypermedia Environments
- Chapter 7: Using Video-Enhanced Hypermedia Environments
Section 3: Implementation Considerations
- Chapter 8: Making It Happen in Your Classroom, School and District
Product Type: Physical Product
This publication currently is not for sale.