Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education Plus NEW MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 7th Edition
- By George S. Morrison
- Pub. Date: Mar 1, 2013 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-340083-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340083-0
List Price: $134.73
- Learn to appreciate the uniqueness and diversity of all children and families and concrete teaching strategies with the Diversity Tie-In feature found in every chapter.
- Learn from the best of the best in the field and explore early childhood education “up close,” to see what teaching young children is really like. Professionalism in Practice feature in every chapter spotlights voices of award-winning teachers, sharing their philosophies, and practices, addressing a broad-range of topics, such as character education, conflict resolution, brain research, and improving mental health.
- Understand age ranges of children through snapshots of several children’s characteristics, capabilities, and individual differences. Portraits of Children features examine several individual children in each age group–infants and toddlers, preschools (ages 3-5), kindergartners, and primary grade children (ages 6-8)–and questions about developmentally appropriate practice to help teachers begin to tie age-related expectations and differences, to teaching practice.
- Develop your competencies and skills the key tasks expected of an early childhood educator. With the Competency Builder features, you’ll learn step-by step enumerated strategies, guidelines, or steps to walk through the details of key tasks, such as observation, planning lessons, and how to create a multicultural classroom.
- Be encouraged to see inclusion as the norm, rather than the exception. The full integration of multicultural and diversity topics throughout the text, including a chapter on appropriate education for young children with special needs promotes inclusion as the standard in early education today.
- Actively engage with chapter content to reinforce the learning experience with helpful suggestions in the Application Activities found at the end of each chapter.
- Learn to make important professional decisions based on NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct. Real-life scenarios presented in the Ethical Dilemma section featured in each chapter will prepare pre-service teachers to bravely and professionally face these types of situations if or when they arise.
- Become familiar with professional recommendations and expectations of the field. The NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct document is included in the appendix.
- Discover how the text’s content is linked to the current Standards. A helpful guide, the Correlation to NAEYC Standards for Early Childhood Professional Practice is prominently featured in the text.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Now in its Seventh Edition, the best-selling Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education by renowned author and educator, George S. Morrison, remains keenly focused on what it means to be an early childhood professional in today’s world. Providing a brief, reader-friendly introduction to the field, it presents engaging chapter features on early childhood programs, professionals in practice, diversity strategies, technology issues, and ethical decision-making. Separate chapters on infants and toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and the primary grades explore young children’s unique developmental and educational needs. Fundamentals’ emphasis on professionalism throughout keeps the focus on meeting the needs of each and every child and providing up-to-date information and strategies to develop competent, informed early childhood professionals. This thoroughly revised edition offers a contemporary, accessible, user-friendly approach to all of the major topics, programs, and issues at the forefront of the field today. Comprehensive, yet brief, this text is a perfect resource for a variety of courses in early childhood education.
MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText. *
Included in this package is access to MyEducationLab with the new Video-Enhanced eText for Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education, exclusively from Pearson.
MyEducationLab delivers customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics to help prepare students for the classroom.
MyEducationLab provides instructors and students access to the video-enhanced Pearson eText, which includes:
- Full-color online chapters with dynamic videos that show what course concepts look like in real classrooms, model good teaching practice, and expand upon chapter concepts. Over 34 video links, chosen by our authors and other subject-matter experts, are embedded right in context of the content you are reading.
- Instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablets.** Other features such as note taking and sharing, highlighting, search and more.
*To access, your Instructor must set up a course, provide you with a Course ID.
**The Pearson eText App is available for free on Google Play and in the App Store.* Requires Android OS 3.1 — 4, a 7” or 10” tablet or iPad iOS 5.0 or newer
0133400832 / 9780133400830 Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education Plus NEW MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of:
013285337X / 9780132853378 Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education
0133365107 / 9780133365108 NEW MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 You and Early Childhood Education
Chapter 2 Early Childhood Education Today
Chapter 3 History and Theories
Chapter 4 Implementing Early Childhood Programs
Chapter 5 Teaching with Standards
Chapter 6 Observing and Assessing Young Children
Chapter 7 Infants and Toddlers
Chapter 8 The Preschool Years
Chapter 9 Kindergarten Today
Chapter 10 The Early Elementary Grades: One Through Three
Chapter 11 Educating Children with Diverse Backgrounds and Special Needs
Chapter 12 Guiding Children's Behavior
Chapter 13 Parents, Families, and the Community
Product Type: Physical ProductAdd To Cart
In stock. Usually ships in 24 hours.