Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education Plus NEW MyEducationLab with Video-Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 7th Edition
- By George S. Morrison
- Pub. Date: Mar 1, 2013 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-340083-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340083-0
List Price: $157.60
Invigorate learning with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with the following multimedia features:
- Embedded videos illustrate early childhood classrooms in action and highlight key concepts and strategies. (See pages 132, 205, 303 and for examples.)
Additional text features include:
- Learn to appreciate the uniqueness and diversity of all children and families and concrete teaching strategies with the Diversity Tie-In feature found in every chapter.
- Learn from the best of the best in the field and explore early childhood education “up close,” to see what teaching young children is really like. Professionalism in Practice feature in every chapter spotlights voices of award-winning teachers, sharing their philosophies, and practices, addressing a broad-range of topics, such as character education, conflict resolution, brain research, and improving mental health.
- Understand age ranges of children through snapshots of several children’s characteristics, capabilities, and individual differences. Portraits of Children features examine several individual children in each age group–infants and toddlers, preschools (ages 3-5), kindergartners, and primary grade children (ages 6-8)–and questions about developmentally appropriate practice to help teachers begin to tie age-related expectations and differences, to teaching practice.
- Develop your competencies and skills the key tasks expected of an early childhood educator. With the Competency Builder features, you’ll learn step-by step enumerated strategies, guidelines, or steps to walk through the details of key tasks, such as observation, planning lessons, and how to create a multicultural classroom.
- Be encouraged to see inclusion as the norm, rather than the exception. The full integration of multicultural and diversity topics throughout the text, including a chapter on appropriate education for young children with special needs promotes inclusion as the standard in early education today.
- Actively engage with chapter content to reinforce the learning experience with helpful suggestions in the Application Activities found at the end of each chapter.
- Learn to make important professional decisions based on NAEYC’s Code of Ethical Conduct. Real-life scenarios presented in the Ethical Dilemma section featured in each chapter will prepare pre-service teachers to bravely and professionally face these types of situations if or when they arise.
- Become familiar with professional recommendations and expectations of the field. The NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct document is included in the appendix.
- Discover how the text’s content is linked to the current Standards. A helpful guide, the Correlation to NAEYC Standards for Early Childhood Professional Practice is prominently featured in the text.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText with MyEducationLab and the bound book.
Now in its Seventh Edition, the best-selling Fundamentals of Early Childhood Education by renowned author and educator, George S. Morrison, remains keenly focused on what it means to be an early childhood professional in today’s world. Providing a brief, reader-friendly introduction to the field, it presents engaging chapter features on early childhood programs, professionals in practice, diversity strategies, technology issues, and ethical decision-making. Separate chapters on infants and toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and the primary grades explore young children’s unique developmental and educational needs. Fundamentals’ emphasis on professionalism throughout keeps the focus on meeting the needs of each and every child and providing up-to-date information and strategies to develop competent, informed early childhood professionals. This thoroughly revised edition offers a contemporary, accessible, user-friendly approach to all of the major topics, programs, and issues at the forefront of the field today. Comprehensive, yet brief, this text is a perfect resource for a variety of courses in early childhood education. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- 013285337X / 9780132853378
- 0133365107 / 9780133365108
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 You and Early Childhood Education
Chapter 2 Early Childhood Education Today
Chapter 3 History and Theories
Chapter 4 Implementing Early Childhood Programs
Chapter 5 Teaching with Standards
Chapter 6 Observing and Assessing Young Children
Chapter 7 Infants and Toddlers
Chapter 8 The Preschool Years
Chapter 9 Kindergarten Today
Chapter 10 The Early Elementary Grades: One Through Three
Chapter 11 Educating Children with Diverse Backgrounds and Special Needs
Chapter 12 Guiding Children's Behavior
Chapter 13 Parents, Families, and the Community
Product Type: Alternate Binding
This publication currently is not for sale.