Inclusive Classroom, The: Strategies for Effective Differentiated Instruction, plus MyEducationLab with Enhanced Pearson eText, Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 6th Edition
- By Margo A. Mastropieri, Thomas E. Scruggs
- Pub. Date: Apr 14, 2017 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-449294-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-449294-0
List Price: $129.67
Personalize learning with Pearson MyLab Education®
Pearson MyLab Education is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through real classroom video footage, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes. The online resources in this MyLab include:
- Video Examples. Throughout the eText, embedded videos provide illustrations of special education in action.
- Self-Check Assessments. Throughout the chapters, students will find self-check quizzes that help assess how well they have mastered chapter learning outcomes. The quizzes consist of self-grading multiple choice items that provide rationales, both for questions answered correctly and for questions answered incorrectly.
- Application Exercises. These scaffolded exercises, tied to learning outcomes, challenge learners to reflect on and to apply what they have learned in the text about working with students with disabilities.
- Pearson MyLab Education includes the Pearson eText version of the book.
Additional text features and benefits include:
- Offers a non-categorical approach that focuses on the best teaching practices for inclusive settings using a unique three part-format. Three balanced parts explain the fundamentals of inclusive teaching, the most effective general teaching practices, and ways to differentiate instruction for specific content areas.
- UPDATED: Addresses important legislation and professional standards. To keep learners up to date with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), additional information is included throughout the book on how the CCSS apply to teaching students with disabilities across curriculum areas and grade levels.
- Features the most effective teaching strategies known to improve students' memory, attention, motivation, social behavior, and study skills. Throughout the book, highlighted Teaching Strategies allow readers to easily identify problems, locate solutions, and plan interventions.
- Includes targeted strategies for adapting instruction in specific content areas. Part III presents inclusive instruction and strategies for teaching in the content areas: language and literacy (including reading, reading comprehension, spelling, and written expression); all areas of mathematics from early numeracy through problem solving; and science, social studies, and transition.
- Offers valuable resources, tips, and classroom-ready pedagogy proven to make a difference for all students.
- In the Classroom features provide practical tips, resources, and strategies for the classroom.
- End-of-chapter Inclusion Checklists provide at-a-glance guides that address common issues that occur in inclusive settings.
- Classroom Scenarios illustrate how the concepts covered in the text are applied in the classroom.
- UPDATED: Research Highlights (including resources and questions for reflection) spotlight individual research studies that provide best practices for inclusive teaching.
- UPDATED: Diversity in the Classroom features provide information on supporting the range of cultural, ethnic, and linguistic diversity in today’s classrooms.
- UPDATED: Technology Apps features offer state-of-the-art information on educational apps and technological advances to facilitate teaching and learning in inclusive classrooms.
- UPDATED: Throughout the text, additional examples detail how students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are included in inclusive classes and how educators can adapt their instruction to help students with ASD succeed in school.
- NEW: Optimizes learning with straightforward advance organizers and summaries. The new organizational framework links chapter objectives with major sub-headings and summaries throughout the text, offering readers a clearer path for learning and reviewing the material.
- UPDATED: Provides an entire chapter on Response to Intervention (RTI) and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) practices and their implementation. New coverage of MTSS and updated coverage of RTI is included in Chapter 7, “Response to Intervention and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support.”
- UPDATED: Increases coverage of Universal Design for Learning (UDL). This edition incorporates more information about how UDL interacts with differentiated instruction.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Pearson MyLab Educatin with Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Inclusion or Introduction to Special Education.
This package includes Pearson MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
Research-based classroom and content strategies for the inclusive classroom.
The Inclusive Classroom: Strategies for Effective Differentiated Instruction, Sixth Edition captures the best of inclusion practices. Using a non-categorical approach, Mastropieri and Scruggs explain the fundamentals of inclusive teaching, the most effective general teaching practices, and ways to differentiate instruction for specific content areas. Targeted teaching strategies show ways to improve all students' memory, attention, motivation, study skills, and peer interaction. Research Highlights features validate strategies and demonstrate why particular techniques are best practice. Filled with classroom-ready tips and checklists, this revision includes an expanded chapter on Response to Intervention (RTI) and Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), more coverage of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL), and the latest strategies relating to academic success.
Personalize learning with Pearson MyLab Education®
Pearson MyLab Education is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through real classroom video footage, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
0134492943 / 9780134492940 The Inclusive Classroom: Strategies for Effective Differentiated Instruction, Pearson MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText, and Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134450434 / 9780134450438 The Inclusive Classroom: Strategies for Effective Differentiated Instruction -- Pearson MyLab Education Access Card
- 0134450604 / 9780134450605 The Inclusive Classroom: Strategies for Effective Differentiated Instruction, Loose-Leaf Version