Direct Instruction Mathematics, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5th Edition
- By Marcy Stein, Diane Kinder, Jerry Silbert, Douglas W. Carnine, Kristen Rolf
- Pub. Date: Jun 19, 2017 by Pearson.
- ISBN-10: 0-13-457673-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-457673-2
List Price: $109.33
Invigorate learning with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with the following multimedia features:
- NEW! Embedded videos in each chapter illustrate key concepts and strategies. The videos provide examples of Direct Instruction teaching and also include links to videos of teaching demonstrations for the teaching formats presented in the book.
- NEW! Links are provided to a supplemental math facts program including math fact worksheets and assessment. Teachers save time and money instead of having to buy or create their own program.
Students can experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book! Students, register for or purchase your eText at pearsonhighered.com/etextbooks/ted. Instructors, visit pearsonhighered.com/etextbooks/ted to register for your digital examination copy.
Additional text features and benefits include:
- Comprehensive coverage of basic concepts and skills including counting; symbol identification and place value; basic facts; addition; subtraction; multiplication; division; problem solving; and measurement, time, and money. Extended concepts and skills include fractions; decimals; percent, ratio, and probability; data analysis; geometry; and pre-algebra.
- Evidence-based Direct Instruction math strategies—invaluable help for augmenting instruction when working with all students, including struggling learners.
- Access to a supplemental math facts program—the means for evaluating, changing, and improving the math program already in place.
- Specific recommendations for diagnosis and remediation. Teachers get help for determining the cause of student errors and planning for remediation.
- Instructional Sequence and Assessment Charts—a basis for designing diagnostic tests as well as for constructing goals and objectives.
- A full chapter on evaluating and modifying commercially developed mathematics instructional materials.
- NEW! Helpful new pedagogy for ensuring comprehension and application of the concepts.
- Learning Outcomes that provide structure for approaching the content of each chapter.
- Conceptual understanding sections for each chapter and/or topic that reinforce the meaning of the material.
- Apply What You Learned sections that include feedback links to demonstrate the concepts in action.
- NEW! Teaching strategies that align with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and keep teachers up to date on the standards and recommendations.
- A chart in the Appendix that outlines the alignment between the teaching procedures in the text with CCSS.
- NEW! Over 100 teaching formats available to print out and use.
- NEW! Updating throughout, including new information in Chapter 2, “Relevant Research on Mathematics Instruction,” and new content related to probability and data analysis.
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
The information needed to design effective supplemental mathematics instruction and to evaluate and modify commercially developed math programs.
This resource provides teachers with evidence-based teaching strategies for supplementing mathematics instruction for students from preschool through Grade 8, and for older students and adult learners who are struggling with basic skills. Included are procedures for evaluating and modifying currently available commercially developed math programs, plus systematic procedures for addressing both conceptual understanding and procedural fluency for topics represented by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The new edition includes an updated chapter on research, new content related to probability and data analysis, and video links to teaching demonstrations for many of the teaching formats (in the Enhanced Pearson eText). Direct Instruction Mathematics contains Instructional Sequence and Assessment Charts that can serve as the basis for designing diagnostic tests as well as for constructing goals and objectives.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.*
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
013457673X / 9780134576732 Direct Instruction Mathematics, Enhanced Pearson eText with Bound Book-- Access Card Package, 5th Edition
Package consists of:
- 0134529855 / 9780134529851 Direct Instruction Mathematics, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card, 5th Edition
- 013471122X / 9780134711225 Direct Instruction Mathematics, Bound Book, 5th Edition
Table of Contents
Part I: PERSPECTIVE
1. Direct Instruction
2. Relevant Research on Mathematics Instruction
3. Curriculum Evaluation and Modification
Part II: BASIC CONCEPTS AND SKILLS
5. Symbol Identification and Place Value
6. Basic Facts
11. Problem Solving
12. Measurement, Time, and Money
Part III: EXTENDED CONCEPTS AND SKILLS
15. Percent, Ratio, and Probability
16. Data Analysis
Appendix A: Direct Instruction and CCSS